I am excited to serve you as your 2012-2013 W3N Section Chief! The 2012 Conclave at Camp Marin Sierra was a great event, and my leadership team and I are looking forward to making Conclave 2013 even better! Below I have outlined my vision and goals for making just that happen!
If you are new to the Section level, or Conclave, a quick read through our “About Us” page might explain some of the terms used here.
I hope that you are looking forward to Conclave as much as I am!
W3N Section Chief
Some of you NYLT, NAYLE, or Woodbadge buffs may remember that a vision is “what success looks like”. The vision is what the goals are trying to materialize, or make a reality. To guide us this year, I have developed the following vision for Conclave 2013:
“I see the 2013 Conclave as being a well-run, interactive event providing all Arrowmen with both a fun experience and practical information to use in their own lodges through the use of a unified image.”
This Vision statement can be divided into the following phrases describing Conclave 2013:
In order to develop and deliver a Conclave that is:
· I will work closely with the Section Officers and Advisers to keep them informed on the development and delivery of Conclave 2013.
· I will work with the Section Officers and Advisers to evaluate and update the CVC system.
· I will select CVCs that have an interest and/or talent in the job they are assigned.
· I will work closely with the CVCs to enable them to plan and execute their assignments.
· I will work with the Vice Chief and promotions team to develop an image for Conclave 2013.
· I will enable the Vice Chief and promotions team to develop interactive promotions, competitions, and challenges for Arrowmen to participate in leading up to and through Conclave 2013.
· I will develop a team dedicated to responding to incoming comments and inquiries about Conclave 2013.
· I will facilitate the collection of feedback from the Arrowmen of the section on how Conclave can be made a fun event.
· I will facilitate the use of the collected feedback by the CVCs in their planning and delivery of Conclave 2013.
· I will work with the Vice Chief to develop a Section Assistance Team.
· I will enable the Vice Chief to evaluate through the Section Assistance Team visits what the Lodges need assistance with.
· I will facilitate the use of the information gathered by the Section Assistance Team by the CVCs in their planning and delivery of Conclave 2013.
· I will facilitate communication between the various members of the Conclave leadership to ensure that a single image for Conclave is created.
· I will oversee the review of all official Conclave 2013 materials to ensure that a single image for Conclave is communicated to the participants.
To guide the development and delivery of Conclave 2013, I have divided Conclave into the following five elements. The committees that are planning Conclave are organized into these five areas:
This represents how Conclave is run, or “delivered”.
This represents all of the “internal affairs” of the Conclave leadership; these are the parts of Conclave Development that the participants do not interact with directly.
This represents the “external affairs” of the Conclave leadership, all of the parts of Conclave that the participants do interact with directly.
This represents how the idea or “message” behind Conclave and the theme it is communicated through is portrayed to the participants.
This represents the flow of information between the Conclave leadership and the participants.